Wednesday, 23 October 2019 06:08

Presidential Secretariat rejects report of security threat

Rate this item
(0 votes)

President’s Secretary Udhaya R. Senaviratne said certain state institutions and officials had misused a circular issued by him on April 23, 2019, after the Easter Sunday attack to mislead the public on an imminent security threat.

He said in a statement that he had received information that the circular bearing PS/SP/SB/C/14/2019 and several follow up letters sent to state institutions advising them to take precautionary measures on security arrangements after the Easter Sunday attacks had been misinterpreted to give an impression that there is an imminent security threat at present.

He said security forces had confirmed that there was no security threat at present and added that they had taken steps to ensure security at state institutions, places of national interest and the general public.

He requested the people not to be misled by such rumours.

(Daily Mirror)

Latest News

There are 30979 listings and 922 categories in our website